Monday, July 27, 2009

My First Post

Although I have been blogging for some time now about philosophical topics, it just occurred to me that keeping a blog or journal for law school would be beneficial not only for me but to all those out there who may stumble across my poorly written bumbling thoughts in their journey down a similar path. So here it is, my first post. Although I am yet to attend a class, meeting, or orientation session law school already seems hard. The horror stories I have heard combined with those I have not swirling throughout the cavity under my skull where a brain is supposed to be. It is absent right now, I am absent minded. It's summer a time to be free and wild to do whatever it is you want to. Everyone seems to think that I need this time and even the blurbs I have read on 0L summer say to some degree that you should just relax and enjoy the time you have. I am doing that but have the unexplainable urge to return to work to accomplish tasks and start moving towards my ultimate goal of graduating law school, passing the bar,and getting a job. When it is all in one sentence it seems so matter of fact, so simple and straightforward.
What have I done this summer to prepare? Really, nothing at all and as law school approaches like a speeding train unprepared is an understatement to how I feel about the experience. What am I supposed to do really, read as much about law as I can? How about study casebooks? Well, I am under the impression that over the next three years(as I say it now it already sounds long) there will be so much reading and studying that the little bit i do before school starts will be inconsequential. I have been playing golf, a game I recently have been taking seriously and working hard to get better at. Furthermore, I shot my best score ever of 84 a few weeks ago. The thinking that goes on over each shot and the concentration, focusing on getting the ball from one spot to the next. The comradery of the guys side by side in the cart, laughing talking and playing a sport that brings them that much closer. Artistically, it is a beautiful game that I could talk all day about and that is the point in talking about it. It takes my mind off the upcoming dread sure to be faced and gives me goals, obstacles , and something to work on whole-mindedly. That has been my preparation, and here's to it's success.

No comments:

Post a Comment