Thursday, July 30, 2009

A torrent of activity

Maybe it is human nature but procrastinating is a way of life for some people. Me being one of them, maybe it is laziness maybe it is just a preference but doing nothing until the last minute is something I have become accustomed to on many levels. Every week that goes by is one less I have to prepare and to adjust to the new lifestyle that I will have to acclimate myself to. However, there has been little physical activity besides getting my things together and organizing which furniture items I will be taking and which will be left for another day. Mentally though, I am psyching myself out as best I can by telling myself that this will be the hardest thing I ever do, that no matter what I thought was hard before that looking back this will be the most difficult. Mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically taxing, OK so not spiritually but all the others will be tested, retested, and tested some more. The sanity and calm I feel at this moment is slowly being taken, slowly morphing into a torrent of activity. I need to make sure I am financially ready to pay for school, as well(one that I wish I could forget). Having been told over and over how much I will be expected to work and to study I feel that up until now people have been easy on me. My college professors asked things of me and I gave them enough to get by and never really took a vested interest in what i was learning until I worked at the law office and everything there was new and exciting. All the new cases held a certain wonder about the outcome and the circumstances upon which they came to be. Interesting, that is the word I would say, for maybe the first time about academic material, appropriately surmised my feelings. This is why I am doing what I am doing and why I believe I have made the right choice in going to law school. It feels good to finally admit that to myself and to have a reason that makes sense to me, the most important person to convince.

No comments:

Post a Comment