Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy Holidays

Wow there is so much joy and cheer and all that goes with the season of giving. Is that true? I really don't feel any joy cheer or any of the like. People have never been colder, the world requires us to be cold, to be tough, and to have a thick skin. Maybe that is just my negative half empty kind of view of the world or maybe it is true. There are the random few who are truly nice people, truly care about their fellow human beings and would go out of their way to help, to give something to someone in need. I admit that I too am guilty of turning a cold shoulder to those who may be in need more than I, and I may even be in possession of the means to help them. Its not like I have a lot of money or things to just give away. I have enough, nothing more for the most part. Its difficult to give things up when we become accustomed to them such as...TV. But then again, it is my belief that certain entertainment IS a necessary part of some people's lives. Life is stressful enough do we really want to take away the things that help them relax. It's true that TV for example is NOT a necessity, I know that it is irrelevant to everyday life and we would not wither up and die if TV was never invented. My argument is that our society requires some leisure activities, of which TV has become the ultimate one. There are those who do not watch TV but they are less informed about modern societal activities unless they are an avid internet user who is constantly researching modern fashions, trends, and current events as well. That's why we look at people without a TV as a little different. After a day of school I need to unwind, to watch something that doesnt require brainpower but stmulates me above sitting there staring at the wall. TV to me is a necessary part of life, I dont need to watch it but if I didnt have it and everyone else did there would be a problem. I wold be bored!! Maybe I would start reading or get a hobby haha wat amn I saying? Who knows this wasn't well thought out...o well

No comments:

Post a Comment