Friday, August 7, 2009

Final Day at Home

The time has come and it is very real now. Tomorrow I move to my new apartment and hopefully don't look back. I finished my briefs for orientation on Wednesday next week and plan to do the rest of my reading next week sometime between getting acquainted and figuring out my brand spanking new life. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow everything is always happening tomorrow or the next day. Well not for me it is all happening right now and I want it to go nice and slow 25, 26, even 27 hours to a day. That sounds like some time manipulation but really its more a frame of mind. Slowing down and savoring the experience for what it is and not agonizing over the difficulty of it all or attempting denial of where and what we are.
I might be moving out but really it is a temporary living arrangement and not one of true independence yet. However, it will be nice to have my own hours and personal space and I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited about being my own roommate. This year is going to be some kind of experience, and I am finally excited enough to begin to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment