Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New City, New Rules

Today was the day, the dream became real today. I moved some of my belongings into my apartment in the Capital(of CA, of course!). It was a long and exciting day of new things, new apartment, new city, new carpet(they just finished putting it in when I got there, new school, new cleaning supplies, new bed(they are expensive new!), and many other new things that just aren't that notable.

New classes and books were the real steps forward today. I found out which section I will be in this upcoming year and the schedule of my classes this semester. Also I bit the bullet and purchased all my textbooks from the campus bookstore. It was quite a hefty price but then again all this new is costing me a lot of old green. Serious money is going into this year and I don't expect it to change in the next three at all. However, the experience and excitement that I am getting right now realy defies any price tag. Finally I feel that rush of new beginnings and am straight juiced about the situation I am going into. I am Exhausted from all the running around I did today but the anticipation leading up to this day came flowing out of me in droves.

On a more somber note I found out my teachers and classes today and bought my books. yes, thats the same thing I was excited about but also the thing I am nervous about because with that began my first real coursework towards a degree in law. I have started briefing my first cases which is mandatory for the orientation program next week. It is only three cases but I am taking it very seriously I only have a week left to do them anyways!!! Geez, but I also got my books and found out that some of the assignments for the first week have been posted online. I quickly printed out this page, I want to start off right this time, new school, new rules. I have to study my brains out and go beyond what I expect I am able to achieve. This is no undergrad program that I can skate through I need to work and prove my metal against some of the top students in the area. One side of me is saying what have I gotten myself into and the other is screaming Go, go, rock this shizzz!!

No comments:

Post a Comment