Thursday, August 20, 2009

First week

Dear Diary, it is 9:30 Thursday night and I feel close enough to the end of my first week of law school to taste it. There are many reasons which I am grateful this week is ending but the most important is survival. I survived the first week! Its like going to high school again, new schools are new schools i met a few cool people and got a general idea of what the next 3 years are going to be like. 3 years...so to break it down for everyone who is wondering what my week has een like. The professors are not only entertaining but are intelligent and not afraid to show it off. There are a certiain numer of my classmates who take the opportunity to try and prove they can speak at every moment the teacher is not. They find solace in trying to raise their hand and be called on more than any other student. They read the material and want no wait need everyone to hear their opinions and hypotheticals on every issue we discuss. Not that I am annoyed or anything but I mean sometimes I am just starting to understand the concepts being explained and someone will raise their hand and beg to be called on in hopes of eliminating any semblance of a rhythm the class was getting into.
Finally kicking back and relaxing, without a care that tomorrow I will be tested on material I am not familiar with. However, as long as I do all my work and understand most of it that can't happen. Law school doesnt seem so bad so far, but it is the first week, reading the material is long and agonizing when the cases are out of date and in ancient language but it can be done. Until next week I will be studying my ass off all weekend to get ready do it all again for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment